The Business of Photography
The Business of Photography:
Mechanics of the Business
Business Basics - a quick overview:
- Setting up goals; Strategy vs business plan; Legal business structure;
- Product and service: margins and overhead; Equipment cost, depreciation, feasibility;
- Insurances: types and purposes;
Contracts and Licensing:
- Contract types;
- Copyrights: privacy infringements, licensing, protection and image theft;
- Rate & term standards and negotiations;
10 minute break
Marketing and Sales -
1 hour 20 minutes
Branding & Marketing
- Importance of the first impression; Building your brand;
- Your persona vs your business brand; Soft skills are important as photography skills.
- Marketing strategy: planning & evaluating;
- Social media & website: purpose and reflection of the brand;
- Advertising: free and paid; Community engagement; Networking and professional associations.
Pricing / Sales:
- Pricing structures: Events, portrait sessions, prints, books, packages, digital files,
- Image licensing; Up-selling; Surcharges/handling fees;
- Presenting your work.
- Overview of Pricing and Business Models.
End of Workshop
Free - Bonus Presentation -
Presented only if time permits.
Sponsored by WorldChoicePhotographers.com
- Makeing it easy to compete for larger sized contracts and qualify.
- Reality check and the potential to earn more beyond surviving.
- Stay independent but with the backing of a shared team.
- Umbrella marketing, co-op services & space.